Saturday, March 09
Welcome to Climb Greece

Climb Greece was created along with the new Greece Sport Climbing guidebook to provide Greece climbing updates and news. Through Climb Greece and Climb Kalymnos, our vision is to inform, inspire, and make Greece an even better climbing destination.

Climb Greece is still a work in progress. Regularly updated features will include an interactive route and crag database, a Greece climbing forum, and up-to-date reports about climbing developments. Our goal is to make information about climbing in Greece widely available and easy to understand. If you don't find what you are looking for on Climb Greece, please let us know. Your feedback is very important to us.

Happy climbing!

Latest Comments
Weather

Athens Climbing?!

Home Forum Climbing in Greece Athens Climbing?!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    FireMadster
    Participant

Hi there,

We’re 2 women rock climbers – heading to Greece in September – interested to explore some of the crags near Athens.

We’d love to meet any locals who climb there. Or, if we can’t actually meet You, then We’d love Your advice!

We need some fairly low grades – indoors We climb up to 6c, but outdoors this drops down to 6a+ (and We like lots of 4s and 5s to warm up on!). Which crags would be best to head to for a good range of the lower grades?

And is there anyway of buying a 2nd hand guidebook from someone? Or other way of finding topo info?

If You’ve climbed near Athens, please get in touch – We’d love to hear Your thoughts.

All the best and Happy Climbing!
    x
    Maddy & Kerry

Sandra100
    Participant

hi there I am heading towards athens for some climbing late September around 27-30 September and would be keen to meet up. will have rope and sports gear climbing up to 5.10. my email is svenchagirl@gmail. com. Sandra

FireMadster
    Participant

Thanks for making contact Sandra! 😀 I will email You in case Our dates can coincide!

FireMadster
    Participant

Hello again Sandra! I tried to email You but it came back as failed 🙁 my email is: homad @hotmail. co.uk

Hi Philip,

best crags (4-6b) around Athens is Acharneis, Mikri Varasova (EPOS Filis), Korakofolia and Sesi. Also less than 2 hours driving away, it is the beautiful Nafplio town, with best crags for you Anatoli and Karathona. Frygani its also a good idea, just 1.5 hour from Athens.

Hope this helps,
    Have fun in Greece,

Aris

Philip.Koeck@ki.se
    Participant

Thanks!

Are there any bolted or toprope routes on the marble cliffs of Penteli?
    I couldn’t quite make sense of the guide book and 27crags.

Philip

Philip.Koeck@ki.se
    Participant

Hi. Can anyone point out some good crags for me during the beginning of April near Athens? I’m looking for fully bolted routes up to 30 m, grades between 4 and 6b. Access is no problem since we can rent a car. I have the printed guide book and 27 crags premium.

Sure, at Penteli there are some bolted anchors for top-rope at Ditikos tihos.
    Bolted routes up to 6b, there are at Damari and Sympligades sectors.
    Info for those at Athens climbing Guidebook.

Philip.Koeck@ki.se
    Participant

Great! We’re looking forward to it.

liofthelows
    Participant

Hi everyone,

We’re keen to climb near athens in May – available on 19th May. Will anyone be around to meet up with and climb together? Indoors we climb around 6B/C, so outdoors it’ll be a lower grade!

Or can anyone recommend a guide?

L

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
OR
The Guidebooks
Leonidio &
Kyparissi
Guidebook
Greece
Guidebook

Buy Now!
Kalymnos
Guidebook

Buy the Kalymnos Climbing guidebook here.
Videos