Tuesday, March 12
Welcome to Climb Greece

Climb Greece was created along with the new Greece Sport Climbing guidebook to provide Greece climbing updates and news. Through Climb Greece and Climb Kalymnos, our vision is to inform, inspire, and make Greece an even better climbing destination.

Climb Greece is still a work in progress. Regularly updated features will include an interactive route and crag database, a Greece climbing forum, and up-to-date reports about climbing developments. Our goal is to make information about climbing in Greece widely available and easy to understand. If you don't find what you are looking for on Climb Greece, please let us know. Your feedback is very important to us.

Happy climbing!

Latest Comments
Weather

Car break-ins at Frygani and Lagada

Home Forum General Car break-ins at Frygani and Lagada

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Unfortunately, a few cars have been broken into at sectors Frygani and Lagada as recently as yesterday.

An alternate parking spot for Frygani is next to a small shop selling local products 1,4km away to the south (GPS 37.921729, 22.527051). It is 15 minutes to walk from there to the crag. Not a perfect solution, but it is probably best. There is ample space next to the shop, and the owner can keep an eye out.

Lagada is trickier, as there is no place else to park.

In both situations, follow common sense: Do not leave anything valuable in your cars, and make sure nothing is visible through the windows. We have informed the locals in Kefalari (the village near Frygani) and they will be on the alert, but it is hard to do much as the crag sits alone without any residential areas nearby.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Aris Theodoropoulos.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Katie.
    mmop
    Participant

I was climbing in lagada in october and i was pretty lucky as I rested at the anchor to enjoy the view when i saw two young guys (you know the kind..) who stopped there and went looking through the windows of the cars that were parked. I shouted at them and they ran.

A good advice for lagada is to park your car in the parking area but next to the road and not next to the gorge. This way both doors are visible from the road. And of course never leave anything that might be worth breaking a window for, in sight.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
OR
The Guidebooks
Leonidio &
Kyparissi
Guidebook
Greece
Guidebook

Buy Now!
Kalymnos
Guidebook

Buy the Kalymnos Climbing guidebook here.
Videos