Saturday, March 09
Welcome to Climb Greece

Climb Greece was created along with the new Greece Sport Climbing guidebook to provide Greece climbing updates and news. Through Climb Greece and Climb Kalymnos, our vision is to inform, inspire, and make Greece an even better climbing destination.

Climb Greece is still a work in progress. Regularly updated features will include an interactive route and crag database, a Greece climbing forum, and up-to-date reports about climbing developments. Our goal is to make information about climbing in Greece widely available and easy to understand. If you don't find what you are looking for on Climb Greece, please let us know. Your feedback is very important to us.

Happy climbing!

Latest Comments
Weather

Climbing – Milos

Home Forum Climbing in Greece Climbing – Milos

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

When looking for info about Climbing in Milos, all I can find is

—————————–
    In “cape Vani” climbing is possible on a huge conic-shaped rock. The name of the climbing ground is “ Tourla tou Vaniou /Tourla of Vanio” and it considered to be one of the best climbing fields in Greece. For more information concerning the climbing in Tourla of Vanio go to: http://www.orevatein.com/oreivatein/climb/default.html.

In Pollonia, there is also the possibility for climbing in “Glaronisia”. Glaronisia are some of the best climbing fields in Greece and these are the only islands made of basalt and in the shape of six-sided wands.
    —————————–

Does anyone have more info? Does there exist a topo somewhere?

Big thanks!

Katie
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

The info you have found, above, is very old (from the early ’90s). The place is fantastic, but any routes there are in need of emergency re-bolting. Bolts and hangers are very old, they are NOT stainless, and they can snap at any moment–so, basically, they are not suitable for climbing.

That said, just for your information we will email you the old topo so you get an idea of what was there.

Cheers,
    Aris

Tom
    Participant

Hello Aris,

Big thanks for the info you sent me. Too bad it is not suitable for climbing anymore! Hope some re-bolting will be done in the future.

Best regards,
    Tom

causaperduta
    Participant

I’ve been looking for boulder routes in Milos and the thing I could find is a topo on 27crags. Unfortunatelly, the routes are not graded.
    Could you tell me approximately how they are graded and if they’re suitable for deep water solo?
    Great thanks!!!
    Lina

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
OR
The Guidebooks
Leonidio &
Kyparissi
Guidebook
Greece
Guidebook

Buy Now!
Kalymnos
Guidebook

Buy the Kalymnos Climbing guidebook here.
Videos