Monday, March 18
Welcome to Climb Greece

Climb Greece was created along with the new Greece Sport Climbing guidebook to provide Greece climbing updates and news. Through Climb Greece and Climb Kalymnos, our vision is to inform, inspire, and make Greece an even better climbing destination.

Climb Greece is still a work in progress. Regularly updated features will include an interactive route and crag database, a Greece climbing forum, and up-to-date reports about climbing developments. Our goal is to make information about climbing in Greece widely available and easy to understand. If you don't find what you are looking for on Climb Greece, please let us know. Your feedback is very important to us.

Happy climbing!

Latest Comments
Weather

Unidentified routes Nafplio

Home Forum Climbing in Greece New routes Unidentified routes Nafplio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

Hi from Nafplio,
    While investigating a wall somewhat below and to the right of the Palomidi Fortress we found several bolted routes. The crag is in the shade over the first half of the day so would be ideal for these hot days. Route names include Gorilla, Ave Maria and Mia Culpa. They look hard but maybe there are other routes that are easier? Any information would be welcome.
    Thank you.
    Steve and Sonya

Katie
    Keymaster

Hi Steve and Sonya,

The routes you found belong to a new sector which is still being developed by local climbers Kostas Tsoukleidis and Nadine Strobl. Some of the routes have likely not been climbed at all. I’m afraid there is no further information available until the sector is completed.

I hope this helps. Did you manage to locate sector Anatoli?

Best,
    Katie

arigo
    Participant

Hi Steve & Sonya,

I have been there once. I think there are not more than 6 routes.

The easier is the first route from the left and it’s 6a+ if I remember well. As you go to the right, things should get harder…probably you can get more information if you post your question here :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/230031353788049/

I hope this will help.

Best regards,

Alexandros

Steve
    Participant

Hi Katie and Alexadros,
    Thank you for the information. Alexandros, do you know the name of the 6a+?
    Katie, we climbed six routes at Neraki in the hot sun although a cool breeze developed halfway through our day there. The best route I did, my favorite route so far, was Kolokotronis. Fun! Also Ape and some of the fives. There were two other climbers there. Russian I believe. We continued from Neraki around the bend as far as Karathona Beach to get a look at the climbing. At first I had no idea where to look so I showed a local fisherman the picture in Ari’s guide with the white crosses and the chapel. The man pointed to a faint blur of white on the far side of the bay. We were too hot and tired to go further. Instead, we dropped our heavy packs and went for a swim.
    We don’t have a car so the walk is a long one in the heat we have been experiencing.
    We wish there was a bus to the beach. There should be. The beach looks like a resort destination. Is camping allowed at the far end of the beach in the fields? That would be ideal. We have a tent etc. We will return to Neraki today and try for Karathona and Anatoli this weekend. Can you describe Anatoli from the white chapel, Katie?
    Thanks so much both of you.
    Steve and Sonya

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Steve.
    arigo
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ m sorry, but all I know about Palamidi’s routes, I have already told you.
    Maybe I’ ll see you at the crags this weekend, if you are still there !!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
OR
The Guidebooks
Leonidio &
Kyparissi
Guidebook
Greece
Guidebook

Buy Now!
Kalymnos
Guidebook

Buy the Kalymnos Climbing guidebook here.
Videos